Teriyaki Chicken Salad
Write a review
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 bottle teriyaki marinade (I used the store brand 30 minute marinade)
- 1/4 of a fresh pineapple, cut into spears
- few sprays of cooking spray
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, diced
- 4 tablespoons of cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 cups pre-shredded coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup (or so) Jimmy's Pineapple Cole Slaw Dressing
- 1/4 cup crispy wonton strips
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish and pour 3/4 of the bottle of teriyaki marinade over them. Flip them around with a pair of tongs until they are fully coated. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Once fully cooked, take out of the marinade and slice into thin strips. Set aside.
- While the chicken cooks, preheat a grill pan (or a real grill) to medium high heat. Spray the pineapple spears lightly on each side with cooking spray. Grill for a minute or so on each side. Take off the grill, let cool slightly and cut into cubes. Set a side for now.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, cole slaw mix and Pineapple Cole Slaw Dressing. Add just a little dressing at a time while tossing to coat. Add more or less depending on your taste.
- To assemble the salad, plate the romaine/coleslaw, then top with red pepper, green onion, cilantro, grilled pineapple, chicken and wonton strips. Drizzle with remaining teriyaki sauce.