Sweet & Sour Green Beans
Write a review
- 30 oz. frozen or fresh green beans
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ cup Jimmy’s Sweet & Sour Dressing
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Cook bacon in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until well-browned. Add onion and cook until translucent. Stir in flour and cook 2 minutes more.
- Pour broth into the pan. Add salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Add green beans and cook on medium until done to preference then stir in Jimmy’s Sweet & Sour Dressing. Continue cooking at a low simmer until beans and sauce are hot. Remove to bowl and garnish with slivered almonds.