Sweet Potato Caramel Casserole
1 hr 5 min
1 hr 5 min
- 6- 7 sweet potatoes (approx 3 pounds)
- 1/2 - cup butter, softened
- 1 - large egg, beaten
- 1/3 - cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 - teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 - teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 - teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1/2 - cup granulated sugar
- 1 - cup brown sugar
- 1/3 - cup flour
- 1/4 - cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 - cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup Jimmy’s Caramel Dip or Jimmy’s Low Fat Caramel Dip
- Prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork. Microwave on high for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender, turning the potatoes once.
- Oven method for baking sweet potatoes (add 1 1/2 hours to cook time): Do not pre-heat oven. Line cookie sheet and place on lower rack of oven to collect any drippings from potatoes. Place clean, pricked sweet potatoes on middle oven rack. Bake at 425 degrees for approx 1 hour or until fork tender. Turn oven off and leave potatoes in oven for 1/2 hour longer. Remove from oven and cool.
- When the sweet potatoes are fork tender remove from the Microwave and cool completely. Remove the skin and discard.
- Add cooked sweet potatoes, butter, egg, sweetened condensed milk, sugar, vanilla and spices together.
- Blend everything together with a mixer until smooth. Pour sweet potato mixture into a greased 8 x 4 round or 8 x 8 square inch baking dish. Set aside and prepare topping.
- Mix all the topping ingredients together. Drop the topping evenly over the top of the sweet potato mixture. Then drizzle Jimmy’s Caramel Dip over the top and bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes until bubbly and the topping is crispy.