Write a review
- 1/2 cup Jimmy’s Ranch Vegetable Dip or Jimmy's Spinach Dip
- 6 large portabella mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 5 oz. fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup mild pork or turkey sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 3 Tbsp. chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove and chop mushroom stems and set aside. Clean gills from each mushroom and discard. Brush the inside and outside of each mushroom with olive oil and season each with salt and pepper. Place mushrooms, stem side down, on a sheet pan and bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Place spinach and 1 Tbsp. of water in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Strain spinach and place in a clean cotton towel. Carefully squeeze out remaining moisture. Chop fine.
- Combine spinach, chopped mushroom pieces, breadcrumbs, sausage, scallions, cheese, ¼ tsp. black pepper and Jimmy’s Ranch Dip in a bowl and mix well.
- Invert mushroom caps, divide filling into 6 portions and fill each mushroom. Sprinkle each cap with parmesan cheese and bake 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve warm.