Pumpkin Caramel Cake
Write a review
- 1 - 18 oz spice cake mix, prepare according to package directions
- 1/2 - cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 - 1 - cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 - cup Jimmy’s Caramel Dip or Jimmy’s Low Fat Free Caramel Dip
- 1 - 3.4 oz package pumpkin spice instant pudding mix
- 1 - cup milk
- 1/4 - cup powdered sugar
- 1 - 8 oz tub Cool Whip
- 10 -15 gingersnap cookies, coarsely crushed and additional caramel dip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cake according to package directions adding the oil, eggs, water and add pumpkin. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 cake. Pour cake batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is still warm poke holes 1 - inch apart all over the cake using a wooden spoon handle or a straw. If a lot of cake comes out on the handle, wipe with a paper towel and continue poking the holes. You want the holes all over the cake.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk and Jimmy’s Caramel Dip. Pour the caramel mixture over the cake, making sure to fill the holes. It's OK if the mixture puddles on the sides.
- Place cake in refrigerator and let cool for one hour. Once cake is cooled, spread the whipped topping frosting evenly over the top of the cake.
- To make the frosting in a large bowl add the dry pudding mix, powdered sugar and milk. Using an electric mixer blend until the mixture starts to thicken. Fold in the whipped topping.
- Sprinkle frosted cake with crushed ginger snaps. Garnish with additional caramel topping. Serve cold and refrigerate any leftovers.