Pineapple Salsa Deviled Eggs
Write a review
- 12 large eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 1 ½ cups Jimmy’s Pineapple Salsa
- 6 oz. (about ½ pound) raw shrimp, peeled and diced
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 small green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced (leave seeds)
- Cut off a small slice from both small ends of each hard boiled egg (so they’ll stand upright) and halve eggs around their equator. Crumble yolks into a small bowl. Set yolks and whites aside.
- Bring Jimmy’s Pineapple Salsa to a simmer in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Stir in shrimp; cook until just opaque, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture into a medium bowl; stir in cumin, cilantro and onions, then yolks. (Refrigerate the filling and egg whites, covered separately, overnight.)
- When ready to serve, spoon the shrimp mixture into whites, garnish each egg with a jalapeno slice and arrange on a large platter.
- The egg stuffing is also great on crackers or baguette slices.