Mexican Breakfast Pizza
- 1 can (13.8 oz) pizza crust
- 6 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. cornmeal (optional but I love it!)
- 2/3 cup salsa (plus additional for serving)
- 1 1/2 cups pepper jack cheese
- 6 turkey sausage patties, cooked
- 1/2 cup red or green peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cheddar jack cheese
- salt/ pepper to taste
- Jimmy’s Holy Smoke! Dip & Jimmy's Pineapple Salsa, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Start by cracking the eggs into a bowl. Season with a bit of salt and pepper. Whisk together with a fork. Preheat a large skillet on medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Pour the eggs into the pan and scramble the eggs by slowly scraping the bottom of the pan. Remove from the heat when no longer runny but not dry. Set aside, off of the burner you cooked on.
- Prepare the pizza crust by using a rolling pin to make a large rectangle. Add the cornmeal to the bottom of the pan and gently move the dough onto the pan. Bake for 3-4 minutes, remove from oven and spread the salsa over the dough like you would with pizza sauce on a pizza. Top with scrambled eggs, pepper jack cheese, turkey sausage, peppers, onions then with cheddar jack cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Cut into squares and top with Jimmy's Pineapple salsa and Jimmy's Holy Smoke! Dip. Enjoy!
- Mr. Schwartz suggested that we cook the crust before adding all of the ingredients next time. I have to say, it is a pretty good idea. If you decide to do this, place the crust (just cornmeal and dough) in the oven for about 3-4 minutes in the 450 degree oven before topping with anything else. After the 3-4 minutes, remove the crust and assemble as directed above. You will take a few minutes off of the full 10 minutes cooking time because the crust will be half way done.