Kale Salad with Roasted Brussels Spouts, Pear and Walnuts
Write a review
- 12 oz. kale, washed & chopped
- 3 green onions. sliced
- 1½ pounds medium Brussels sprouts, trimmed and slice in half
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt & dash of pepper
- 1 medium ripe-but-firm pear, halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- ¾ cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup Jimmy’s Cole Slaw Dressing or Jimmy's Sweet & Sour Dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash brussels spouts, cut in half and put in large zip lock with olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Seal and shake bag until spouts are coated in mixture. Put on parchment lined baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Put kale in a large salad bowl. With your hands, massage kale to soften. Add Jimmy’s Cole Slaw Dressing or Jimmy's Sweet & Sour Dressing and mix until kale is coated with dressing.
- Add the sliced Brussels sprouts, green onions, pear, and most of the walnuts to the kale and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, if necessary. Sprinkle with the remaining walnuts and serve.