Kale Salad with Apple, Cranberries & Pecans
- 12 oz kale, washed & chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (or cherries)
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 2-3 oz. goat cheese
- ½ cup Jimmy’s Cole Slaw Dressing
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Wash kale thoroughly and pull the kale leaves off from the tough stems and discard the stems. Chop the kale into small, bite-sized pieces. Transfer the kale to a large salad bowl. Sprinkle a small pinch of sea salt over the kale and massage the leaves with your hands by lightly scrunching big handfuls at a time, until the leaves are darker in color and fragrant.
- Add Jimmy's Cole Slaw Dressing, chopped apple and dried cranberries or cherries to the bowl and toss to coat all ingredients. Sprinkle pecans and crumble the goat cheese over the top. Pepper to taste.