Holy Smoke! Grilled Sausage and Pepper Pizza
Write a review
- 3 links hot Italian turkey sausage
- 1 can pizza crust
- ¾ cup Jimmy’s Holy Smoke! Dip
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced and cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ green bell pepper, thinly sliced and cut into bite-size pieces
- Cooking spray
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Place sausages on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 18 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until no longer pink in center. Cool 10 minutes; cut into 1/4-inch slices. To save time, you can grill sausages at an early time and refrigerate until use.
- Meanwhile, cut 18x12-inch sheet of heavy-duty foil; place on large cookie sheet. Spray foil with cooking spray. Unroll dough onto foil. Starting at center, press out dough into 14x10-inch rectangle. Spray dough with cooking spray.
- Turn dough rectangle over directly onto grill rack; peel off foil, and return foil to cookie sheet, sprayed side up. Cook uncovered on gas grill over medium-low heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium-low coals 2 to 4 minutes or until bottom is golden brown. (Watch carefully to prevent burning.) With wide metal pancake turner, turn crust over. Cook 1 to 2 minutes longer or until bottom is set but not brown. Carefully remove from grill; place browned side up on foil. Close grill.
- Top crust evenly with Jimmy’s Holy Smoke! Dip, onions, 1 3/4 cups of the cheese, turkey sausages and peppers. Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Slide pizza from foil onto grill. Cover grill; cook 3 to 5 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut, serve, enjoy!