Blue Cheese Chicken Salad
- 3/4 cup Jimmy’s Extra Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil (1 for marinade, 2 for sauté, 1 for sauce)
- 1 ¼ cup dry white wine (1/4 cup for de-glazing pan)
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1/3 cup red onions for marinade; 1/3 cup onion for sauté
- 8 oz. clean romaine lettuce (may also use baby spinach or other leaf lettuce)
- ¼ cups toasted pine nuts
- Make a marinade of wine, tablespoon of olive oil, paprika, salt, pepper and onions. Coat chicken breast and marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour. (Can be up to overnight)
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium high heat and sear both sides of marinated chicken. Cook until chicken is thoroughly cooked (gently on medium heat).Remove chicken breasts and keep warm.
- Deglaze skillet with ¼ cup wine, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and sauté apples, celery and 1/3 cups onions until tender.
- Gently heat (do not allow to boil) ¾ cup Jimmy’s Extra Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing.
- Arrange lettuce or spinach on plates; arrange chicken breast, top with equal portion sautéed apple mixture. Swirl warm Jimmy’s Extra Chunky Blue Cheesing Dressing over chicken and edges of leafy greens. Top with roasted pine nuts. Enjoy!