Chicken Tortilla Soup
Write a review
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 cups seasoned chicken, cooked & chopped
- 1 – 32 oz chicken broth
- 3 – 29 oz cans of tomato sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups corn
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 packet Uncle Bens Spanish style rice
- 1 small can chopped green chilies
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh Cilantro – 1 bunch, chopped
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 bag Tortilla chips
- 1 bag shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tub Jimmy’s Taco Dip
- In a large soup pot sauté onion and garlic until transparent
- Add broth, tomato sauce, chicken and remaining ingredients and spices
- Bring to a boil
- Turn down and simmer for 45 minutes to an hour.
- While soup is simmer get toppings ready.
- Chop cilantro, slice limes and shred cheese.
- When ready to serve soup, top with a squeeze of lime, a sprinkle of cilantro and cheese, tortilla chips and add a dollop of Jimmy’s Taco Dip.