Caramel Pumpkin Blondies (with Chocolate & Walnuts)
Write a review
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (16 oz.) Tub Jimmy’s Caramel Dip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 9×13 pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in eggs, vanilla and pumpkin. Slowly incorporate remaining Blondies ingredients into batter. Scrape sides and mix again briefly to ensure a smooth batter.
- Spread about 2/3 batter into prepared pan evenly. Sprinkle nuts and chocolate chips over top.
- Warm tub of Jimmy's Caramel in a pan of hot water to soften for spreading (keep tub sealed and unopened).
- Open caramel tub and pour warm caramel evenly over chocolate and nuts.
- Place dollops of remaining batter over top of the caramel layer. Spread those dollops out to try and get a smooth layer of batter over top. (It’s fine if some of the caramel layer is peeking through.)
- Bake for 25 minutes or until edges are golden and toothpick comes out clean when inserted. (It might come out with a little caramel on it which is fine. You don’t want batter on the toothpick.)
- Cool completely before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.