Caramel Carrot Cupcakes
- 18 oz. carrot cake mix
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
Filling & Frosting Ingredients
- 1 cup Jimmy’s Caramel Dip
- 8 oz. pkg. plain cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- Zest of 1 large orange
- pecans or grated carrot for optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line large muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, juice, water, eggs and oil and mix with an electric hand mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in nuts and carrots. Fill each cup about three quarters full with batter.
- Bake for 17-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Slice off tops of each cake and hollow out a small hole. Spoon 1 tablespoon Jimmy’s Caramel Dip into each hole and replace tops. For frosting, beat cream cheese in a large mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add butter and continue to blend until smooth.
- Add remaining 1/3 cup Jimmy’s Caramel Dip and zest and mix until just blended. Frost top of cakes with frosting and garnish with an additional dollop of Jimmy’s Caramel Dip and whole pecan or small sprinkling of grated carrot.