Caramel Apple Bars
Write a review
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 4 1/2 cups Granny Smith apples, coarsely chopped and peeled
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 16 oz. Jimmy´s Caramel or Jimmy´s Low Fat Caramel Dip
- Heat oven to 400 F. In a large bowl, mix brown sugar, butter and shortening. Stir in 1 3/4 cups flour, the oats, salt, and baking soda. Reserve 2 cups oat mixture, press remaining oat mixture in ungreased 13x9 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, toss apples and 4 Tbsp. flour, spread over mixture in pan.
- Carefully soften Jimmy's Caramel dip in pan of hot water. Pour evenly over apples. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture, press lightly.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender. For 36 bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows while still warm.