Asian Ginger Shrimp Skewers
Write a review
- 24 medium shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large head Boston lettuce
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) pre-washed, torn mixed greens
- 1 bunch scallions, 6-inch section both green and white parts, chopped
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) fresh sugar snap or snow peas, rinsed and chopped
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 20 medium fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 ¼ cup Jimmy’s Sweet & Sour Dressing mixed with 1 Tbsp. of ground ginger (shake well)
- 1 pkg. of sesame salad toppings
- Prepare grill to medium hot. Soak 6 wooden skewers in water for 5 minutes.
- Toss shrimp with vegetable oil. Thread shrimp (6 pieces each) onto the skewers.
- While grill is heating prepare the vegetables for the salad. Rinse Boston lettuce, remove 6 large outer leaves and set aside, chop remaining lettuce. Combine lettuce, green onion, peas, carrots, cucumber and basil with 3/4 cup Jimmy’s Sweet & Sour Salad Dressing with ground ginger. Toss well. Arrange larger Boston lettuce leaves on a platter and top with salad mixture.
- Spray grill with non-stick cooking spray for the grill. Grill shrimp for 5 to 6 minutes or until shrimp are opaque; turning half way through grilling time, and brushing with 1/4 cup remaining Jimmy’s Sweet & Sour Salad Dressing with ground ginger the last minutes of cooking.
- Serve shrimp over arranged salad platter and sprinkle with sesame salad topping.