Strawberry Torte with Creamy Fruit Dip Filling
4 hr 5 min
4 hr 5 min
- 1 box white cake mix
- ¾ cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- Frosting and Toppings
- 1 tub Jimmy’s Creamy Fruit Dip
- 1 container whipped vanilla frosting
- 20 fresh strawberries, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Assorted fresh berries, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease and flour 15x10x1-inch pan, or spray with baking spray with flour.
- In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
- Bake 21 to 27 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Cut cake crosswise into thirds. Place one-third on flat serving plate; spread with 1/2 cup of the Jimmy’s Creamy Fruit Dip. Arrange half of the sliced strawberries on fruit dip. Repeat with another third of cake, 1/2 cup of the fruit dip and remaining strawberries. Top with remaining third of cake. Frost sides of torte with thin coat of vanilla frosting to seal in crumbs, then frost sides and top.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours until chilled. Before serving, garnish with more strawberries. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.