Layered Reuben Salad
- 6 slices pumpernickel bread
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 8 cups torn lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3/4 lb. deli sliced corned beef, cut into strips
- 1 1/4 cups Jimmy's 1000 Island Dressing
- 3/4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush both sides of the bread with melted butter, then cut into cubes. Place on a baking sheet and bake for approx. 15 min. or until crisp---stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature then store in airtight container.
- Layer sauerkraut, lettuce, tomato and corned beef in a 9 x 13 dish. Carefully spread Jimmy's 1000 Island Dressing over top. Sprinkle with swiss cheese. REFRIGERATE OVERNIGHT.
- Top with pumpernickel croutons and serve.